It seems that there are more music festivals this summer than ever before. It may be overwhelming to decide which events are worth your money, so we put together a list of the top major festivals we think you should attend. See the full list below and let us know which ones you think we missed!
1. The first event kicks off in Las Vegas, Nevada with the 20th Anniversary Electric Daisy Carnival. Insomniac is known for their insane lineups, world class venues, and extremely impressive stage performers. The Electric Daisy Carnival will be held June 17-19, but the party starts the Monday before leading up to the major event with pool parties and clubs galore in one of the poshest cities in the world. What happens “Under The Electric Sky” will leave you with memories for a lifetime.
2. Next on the list is an old time favorite, The Vans Warped Tour. Tons of amazing bands come together for the tour of their lives and give profound and sentimental performances at each and every stop along their way across America. The Vans Warped Tour hits around 15 major cities this summer, so be sure to check for one closest to you ASAP. The tour runs from June 17-August 8 and the lineup this year is one for the books! If you love rock, hardcore, indie music or just plain having fun, this is the festival to attend.
3. The third incredible festival on my list is Lollapalooza. Lollapalooza is held in Chicago-the city that helped found rock and roll. Lollapalooza runs from July 28-31 for a four-day weekend unlike any other. This festival was established in 1991, so you can bet these guys know how to throw on a show. Headliners this year include The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem, and so many more great artists and performers. Good vibes and dope times at this fest.
4. Moving on to one of my personal favorites is Shambhala. Shambhala Music Festival is held August 5-8 in the middle of the breathtaking British Colombia Mountains in a quiet little town called Salmo. This peaceful place is the perfect escape from the stress of everyday responsibilities and allows you to connect to nature and the spiritual side of yourself as well. Shambhala is filled with travelers from around the world because the location, and the feeling you get being there, is irreplaceable. Shambhala has a stacked lineup, amazing artwork and the most unique stage installations I’ve ever encountered. Shambhala is a festival everyone must experience once in their lifetime. From the riverfront stage to the hidden labyrinths deep in the woods-you can explore this place for days and still find something new each year you go.
5. Last but not least, the festival we definitely had to include on this list is Burning Man. Burning Man is a week-long spiritual journey to find your inner self and to release all inhibitions. This amazing festival takes place in the city of Black Rock, Nevada at a location known as the Playa. All members of this festival are expected to take home whatever they bring with them, leaving the land as clean as possible. Burning Man is not one for the weak-spirited, as there are dust storms and severely high temperatures-well above 90 degrees. Another fact about this fest is that your camp needs to bring enough supplies to endure the elements for the week until the “burn” or you will be refused entry. During the final days of the festival, the iconic man-shaped wooden statue is burned to the ground, which commemorates another successful year. Burning Man will be held August 28-September 5.
All of these festivals will make for one epic summer. How many will you be at?