A girl in London died last June after hurriedly swallowing half a gram of MDMA when she thought drug dogs would smell her stash. Emily Lyon was only 17 years old and was attending the Lily Allen-hosted Red Bull Culture Clash DJ competition at The O2.


Daily Mail tells us that she took the first little bit of the pill on the train to the show, and then the second quarter in rolling paper when she saw the dogs. Inside the event, she started feeling dizzy and hot. Shortly after, around 10 p.m., she was brought to the hospital, but was pronounced dead at 12:50 a.m. the next morning. We have a statement below from a London paramedic that’s claiming Lyon had a seizure before arriving to the hospital.

“We arrived into the loading bay of the O2 Arena where we were guided to the medical room where a patient who was unconscious had already suffered a seizure.

“We were told the patient had ingested half a gram of MDMA.

“Everyone of the patient’s friendship group had taken a quarter of a gram of MDMA, there was 0.25 of a gram left which the patient had then taken, taking the patient’s dose up to 0.5 of a gram.”

As well as a paramedic, DC Scott Albert of the Met police also provided a statement, which you can see below.

“From speaking to Emily’s friends the group bought the drugs from a peer at Esher College and it was divided up before they got to the venue.

“Drink was taken on the train into London Waterloo and this is where Emily took 0.25 of a gram.

“In the queue on the way into the venue, she was concerned about drugs dogs and she was waiting to get through security, this is where she took the second, fatal dose, and had taken more than what her friends had.

“She complained of being extremely hot, she had to be helped to her feet by two friends as she was having difficulty standing.

“She mentioned to a friend she felt unwell and it was due to the second dose.

“The venue was very crowded and very hot.

“Some of her friends did not realise how unwell she was and there was a lot of shock and disbelief when they found out.”

The MDMA supplier, Luke Villars, 18, was arrested shortly after Lyon’s death after he admitted to selling her the drugs. His sentence was a yearlong in jail and 80 hours of unpaid work.